High School Band
5/3/2022 8:23 am
Please use the link below to submit your family's RSVP for Maverick Music Night! We want to be prepared with enough food for all who are attending with their student. Additionally, we could use a couple of donations in the form of drinks, chips, and desserts! If you would prefer not to purchase any of the donations listed on the form, we are also accepting monetary donations to assist with the purchase of the main dishes.
This event is for Friday, May 20th for current concert band students (yearlong/spring 2022) and all 8th grade band students.
- Time: Dinner service will begin at 5:30pm in the cafeteria, and the performance and awards ceremony will begin in the auditorium at 6:30pm.
- Dress: Attire for student performers is semi-formal. Shirt and tie/dresses/dress pants, etc. This does not have to be your concert black.
8th Grade and Senior Parents!
Don't forget to share your photos (old and new) by This Friday, May 6th.
You can email these directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you!Read More
2/9/2022 11:25 am
HS Video Assistance Needed!
We are in the midst of our recruitment process for beginning band! In recent years of communication with 5th grade families, there is a greater misconception that taking band in middle school prohibits students from being a part of the IB program in high school and/or meeting the language requirements for college. While we work hard to provide accurate information during our visits, nothing speaks more clearly than words directly from students themselves! Here is where we need some help. If you/your student would be willing to make a short 1 minute video answering the questions below, we would be most appreciative!
- Were you able to take a language course in high school while participating in band? What are you taking?
- Have you been able to take any other elective courses while participating in the high school band program?
- If you are a part of the IB program, have you been able to participate in the band program as well, and in what capacity?
**And any other quick pieces of advice/support you have!
Once your 1 minute video is complete, you can submit one of two ways:
- Drop it directly into the linked Google Folder.
- Share it directly with Ms. Johnson - email@example.com
I will be taking submissions through the end of February in order to edit the video before our larger meetings at the end of March. And if you feel so inclined to share our flyer with any families in your neighborhoods or on social media, here is our 2022 5th Grade Flyer!
11/11/2021 10:11 am
It is time to register for the 2021 All-District Band Auditions! Any of our students in grades 7-12 who desire an extra musical challenge are invited to prepare the audition material and register! Registration for Marvin Ridge is open through December 3rd, and auditions will take place on January 15th, 2022 at Porter Ridge High School.
Here's what you need to do:
- Read over all of the information in the 2021 All-District Band Audition Letter so that you understand what the auditions entail, when the dates are, and exactly what All-District Band is!
- Use the provided links in the letter to get familiar with the audition material. Your directors will be available for extra help by request before homeroom! We also have a list of private instructors who are fantastic, should you not have one of your own and desire that resource.
- Log in to your account on our website (marvinridgebands.org) to register and pay your $10 audition fee. This should be visible under "Account..My Forms/Paperwork."
Registration is due for our school by Friday, December 3rd!
10/6/2021 8:21 pm
Our middle school Outdoor Halloween Concert will take place on the MRMS Field this year! We would love to see some of the familiar faces that we miss so much on Thursday, October 28th at 6pm! Since we will be outdoors, bring your lawn chairs and picnic blankets for a fun evening. As always, we invite our high school students to assist with various needs, and they can use this time for service hours for their various organizations. Sign Up below!
5/28/2021 8:34 am
The Marvin Ridge HS Marching Mavericks is pleased to welcome and announce the leadership team for 2021-2022 year. This diverse and talented group of young people will assist in the leadership and development of the band as we celebrate the 14th year of bands at Marvin Ridge. The 2021 MRHS will be under the field direction of head drum major Sam Berman and assistant drum major Isabella Kang. Please join us in congratulating these fantastic students in their new roles!